Friday, June 6, 2008

We Have Relocated!

Well, we are officially in Florida. Actually, we have been here for a few weeks, but let's just say it has been a little crazy. The first week we were in town we were fortunate enough to stay with relatives while we worked out our rental situation. We are now renting a beach house in Jax Beach (I've been told I have to call it Jax Beach to avoid sounding like a tourist) until our house in Atlanta sells. We are 3 1/2 blocks from the beach which is fantastic. My job search has not been going so well, so Zachary and I go to the beach almost every morning to make ourselves feel better. So far it's been working...I feel much better about being unemployed - until I have to write the first rent check and pay the mortgage! We had originally planned on living in the St. Augustine area once our house sells, but we are enjoying the beach so much we are looking at other options now. Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and Jax Beach have all been added to our search.

Robert loves his new job. A typical day for him has been to leave the house at 7:15, arrive at work before 8:00. Leave at 5:00, Dinner at 5:45 and to the beach by 7:00. Zachary is thrilled to see so much of his Daddy.

Zachary has really adjusted well. He is now in a big boy bed. I would love to tell you some funny story about the experience, but it was fairly easy. He slept throught the night and has not tried to get out of the bed since the first night we put him in it. If only potty training was going that easy!! He loves the beach and the big water, riding his tricycle and all of the lizards that that are EVERYWHERE!

We found out that the baby is another boy. Believe it or not, Zachary has had the hardest time adjusting to the news. I think he wanted a girl as bad as his Mother did. But we are of course thrilled that the baby is healthy. We are naming him Reed, (my maiden name).

An update on my father. He had a scan a couple of weeks ago and it appears that the cancer is gone. THANK GOD!! But please continue to keep him in your prayers, he is still having a hard time breathing.

I promise to keep the blog up the best that I can. And we would love to hear from everyone! If you are ever in the area or need a vacation you always have a place to stay!!!

No comments:

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker